Split Horizon Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, it looked promising at first...

5 posters

Go down

Well, it looked promising at first... Empty Well, it looked promising at first...

Post by Axolotl Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:49 pm

...But when it goes free, the "free players" are pretty much crap. 1 character per server? 2 gold max?

I'm sorry, but the limitations are too much for me to handle. And I don't get how you can earn a Premium or VIP status "through gameplay" if it's all about who can spend the most money.

I might be missing something, but if someone can explain why I should be playing it when it goes free, let me know... Because so far it just seems more unfair than most cash-shop MMOs.
Axolotl
Axolotl

Back to top Go down

Well, it looked promising at first... Empty Re: Well, it looked promising at first...

Post by iPoppedHer Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 am

whoa i dint know it was gonna be like that wth lol
iPoppedHer
iPoppedHer

http://www.myspace.com/hkid4sho

Back to top Go down

Well, it looked promising at first... Empty Re: Well, it looked promising at first...

Post by Axolotl Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:59 am

Yeah, likewise. Then I went to the homepage for LotRO and was like... "HUWAAAHHHH!!?"
Axolotl
Axolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:49 am

By doing deeds you can get whatever the cash shop currency is. Enough of these, and you can get anything. They made it the way they did with DDO, you don't have to pay, because you can get in through playing, you just have to play a lot.

But here's a little secret.

Even if you buy one month, 3 months, 6 months, a year, or what have you, when that is done and you don't want to pay anymore, you'll be bumped to premium membership.

Besides, 30 bucks for 3 months isn't that bad. ^^
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://splithorizongaming.taro.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:54 am

Hmmm, I may just buy... one thingy... to get my status up...

Now these "deeds"... Are they like quests, or what? Razz
Axolotl
Axolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:06 am

Hmmm...Think of them like achievements.

And, if you do buy...Please let me know before you make an account.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Ah, okay, achievements makes sense.

Well, couldn't I make a free account and then buy a membership later on? Or doesn't it work like that? I'd let you know either way... I'm just a bit confuzzled at the moment with the whole signing up and buying and blah blah blah.
Axolotl
Axolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Yea it'd work that way, but it doesn't go free until Fall. I guess right now it's just the F2P beta which started over a month ago.

I only ask that you let me know before you make your account so that I can refer you with your email, and when you pay I get a free month. XD
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 am

Ah, you sly, sly, sly thing. Yeah, if I end up doing it, I'll be a gent and tell you so you get that free month, haha.
Axolotl
Axolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:11 am

Someone else playing Lotro now eh?

AceTrainerK
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanzhon Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:28 pm

I was thinking about playing it too... but when I started the download, I was like woaaaah! This game's huge x.x
Fanzhon
Fanzhon

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 am

It is a pretty big game... Although WoW after all the expansions and patches hogged about 15GB of space... Not that I have a problem with that, though.
Axolotl
Axolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 am

Yeah Lotro has a lot of content.

AceTrainerK
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:12 pm

But Lotro is amazing, so it's alright.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 am

I sense Bias Laughing

AceTrainerK
Guild Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum